sabato 10 marzo 2007

I will arise and go to my father

Scripture: Luke 15:1-3,11-32

How can you love someone who turns their back on you and still forgive them from the heart? The prophets remind us that God does not abandon us, even if we turn our backs on him (Micah 7:18). He calls us back to himself -- over and over and over again.In this parable Jesus gives a vivid picture of God's love and mercy.and what God is like. He does not lose hope or give up when we stray. He rejoices in finding the lost and in leading them home.
The story of the Prodigal son is the story of a God who goes searching for us and who doesn't rest until he has found us.He urges and he pleads.God is looking for you.He will go anywhere to find you. He loves you , he wants you home, he cannot rest unless he has you with him.

Lord, may I never doubt your love nor take for granted the mercy you have shown to me.
Fill me with your transforming love that I may be merciful as you are merciful.

Nessun commento: