venerdì 15 maggio 2009

"I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you"

Scripture: John 15:12-17
Paul the Apostle tells us that we can abound in joy and hope because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us (Romans 5:5). In God's love we find the fulness of grace, life, peace, and joy. Jesus gives his disciples a new commandment – a new way of love. We are to love others as Jesus has loved us. What is the essence of this new commandment? True love is sacrificial. It gives all to the beloved. And there is no greater proof in love than the sacrifice of one's life for the sake of another. Jesus proved his love for his disciples by giving his life for them, even to death on the cross. We prove our love for God and for one another when we embrace the way of the cross. What is the cross in my life? When my will crosses with God's will, then God's will must be done. True love is costly. Those who truly love give the best they can offer and are willing to sacrifice everything they has for the beloved.

Nessun commento: